Books, Archive documents and Binding
Restoration of paper and parchments
Our professionals specialize in parchment and paper pathology offer their services in restoration and binding treatments.
- Conservation and restoration of old or antique books
- Conservation and restoration of old or antique papers
- Conservation and restoration of old or ancient scrolls
- Conservation and restoration of old or ancient archive documents
- Conservation and restoration of engravings, lithographs, etc.
- Conservation and restoration of files
CONSERVATION AND RESTORATION TREATMENTS FOR PAPER, PARCHMENT AND ARCHIVE DOCUMENTS:
- Identification of the material (type and pH of the support, inks, pigments, etc.) and the causes of deterioration
- Cleansing of the work (dry and wet)
- Elimination of foreign elements
- General Consolidation (re-sizing lamination)
- Union of cuts and tears
- Volumetric repair of the support
- Flattening of paper
CONSERVATION AND RESTORATION OF BINDINGS AND BINDING:
- Removing the work
- Assembling of end papers
- Sewing hard binding
- Painted and marbled cuts. Binding in fabric, leather, parchment, etc.
- Gilding of the covers
- Mount boards, interleaves, helps,etc.
- Bindings restoration